CE & EE Claims
Souls-Between features to leveling systems, one for your dragons and one for your account. Players can level their accounts alongside their dragons by completing group activities, such as dailies, rites, quests, and events. All experience points are tracked automatically via the site, and are awarded upon submission of an activity, or through the prompts found in this category.
Celestial Experience (Character) Calculator Ethereal Experience (Player) Calculator
If you have an old tracker that has not been claimed and moved to your experience on the site, please submit the activity to have them counted and moved over. Do not add new pieces to your trackers. You will be required to submit any non-activity pieces through the experience activity prompt found by clicking the eyeglass on this prompt. Any other piece part of an activity will receive experience points upon approval of the activity.
Dragons and players receive bonuses in the game based on their level. You can view all levels and their bonuses here:Celestial Levels Ethereal Levels
SUBMITTING REQUESTS FOR EXPERIENCE CLAIM
If you need to claim EXP for either EE or CE, use this form and select the eyeglass next to the title of this activity prompt. It will give you the option to "submit prompt." Include this filled out form to claim your Experience:
Link to Piece: (Link the art or literature)
Total CE: (If applicable put the total, not the breakdown)
Total EE: (If applicable put the total, not the breakdown)
CE BreakDown: (include the entire breakdown you get from the calculator!)
EE Breakdown: (Include the entire breakdown you get from the calculator!
Special title treatment
How do I view my tracker?
You can view your "tracker" for your experience one of two ways.
- Select your profile and go to your profile page. You can view your EE logs by selecting "Ethereal Logs" which will tell you when you get EXP where.
- Select your profile drop down and select "Ethereal Experience" you can level up in this link!
WHAT IF I SUBMIT A BREEDING RITE WITH MULTIPLE DRAGONS? do I get more EE?
You still only get 6EE as EE rewards based on the artwork/literature created and not the individual dragons.
What if I submit both my nesting rites/ taming/ hunting sheets/ etc as one image?
This is allowed, however, you need to have clear distinct borders! If you do this, you'll get the EE for each unique panel. So nesting rites submitted as one post will be worth 12 EE!
I did artwork for someone else, but I have no dragon involved, do I get EE?
Yes, you will be awarded EE, but no CE!
Special title treatment
How do I view my Character's Tracker?
Go to the character's profile and select "Celestial Experience", you can level up your character and access their EXP logs here!
What if someone creates artwork for me? Do I get the Ethereal Experience?
Yes, you do! Your dragon is present and you are participating in the activity, therefore you are rewarded exerpeince! The other person only gets CE if they have a dragon present as well, but claim the piece for EE!
Can I do payments based on EE?
You can, but we don't advise it as it is a lot more of a grind to level up your player status vs your dragons. Don't overwork members of the community!
Are Celestial Experience Sheets worth EE?
No, EE is rewarded for participating in activities in the game. However if you have unique activity submissions in a CE sheet you will gain EE for these panels only.
I am leasing a dragon. How do those points work?
The dragon owner will be given full CE and EE for the dragon depicted like normal. The Lease holder will gain EE and items from the activitiy.
Ethereal Points refer to your levels as a player. They are tied to your account (Remember you may only own one account!). You earn EE by completing activities such as dailies, quests, and events. You do not gain EE from "Exp Sheets."
Players have 13 different levels, with the first four focusing on major bonuses a player can receive.
All available activities that give EE can be found in the EE Calculator.
Dragons receive experienced called "Celestial Experience". Every piece of artwork, literature, and media you create for your dragons gains them celestial exerpience. This experience is dragon bound, and will transfer with the dragon to other users if the dragon is rehomed.
Dragons have 10 different levels, each coming with their own bonuses and upgrades. The four first levels have the most bonuses to activities, while levels 5 and beyond have more item rewards vs being activity based.
Celestial Experience Breakdown
All Points can be reviewd via the Celestial Calculator. However, we have broken down the different meanings behind each section here.
Character Limits in Art and Literature
Most activities in the game will require specific minimum requirements in order to count as "passing." Always double check the activity prompt to be sure!
In general however these rules will usually apply unless otherwise stated:
- Solo pieces
- 4 dragons maximum (5 in the case of rites if the 5th dragon is NOT gaining their rites, only experience!)
- Full body 50% of each dragon
- At least flat color - some activities may require shading (such as Rites!)
- Simple Background at Minimum (Some activities or events may require a complex background!)
- Collab Pieces
- Follow all the same rules except each player may include 4 of their own dragons (meaning if two people collab, 8 dragons can be present so long as each meets requirements)
- Characters MUST be distinguishable as that character! This includes patterns on the dragons and details. It is ok if some details are missing or not as exact, so long as an effort is made!
- Artists using limited/restricted/or muted color pallets are allowed to use these methods so long as it is used on the whole piece.
- Solo pieces
- Solo Pieces
- Word counts vary based on activities; i.e. a Daily may be 600 words, while a rite may be 1000.
- Dragons must be fully represented in at least a paragraph or more and interacting throughout the piece.
- Simple backgrounds are often necessary and are considered passing if at least three to four sentences are used to describe the environment. Complex backgrounds require at least one to two pragraphs.
- Collab Pieces
- Solo Pieces
ANIMATED, SCULPTED, ICONS, PIXELS, Comics, and AMVs
Animations are considered moving subjects, which could include movement cycxles, flicking tails, moving wings, blinking, etc. They only count if the animation is present and will receive all bonuses for Full body or Portrait for every key (unique) frame of the animation. In the case of reused backgrounds, the background is only counted once. All other frames are given half points. Some of these bonuses can stack on each other, such as a 3d model being animated. Sculpts refer to both traditional and digital.
Sculpted pieces are considered complex pieces and gain points like a full body- regardless if they are a bust or not.
Pixel icons and small pixel artwork gains half points, however fully detailed pixel pieces are given full points like any other normal piece.
Comics are given full points for each unique panel, and half points for others. In the case of reused backgrounds, the background is only counted once.
AMVs are given full points for each unique frame, and half points for others. In the case of reused backgrounds, the background is only counted once.
REUSED BASES AND CHIBIS
CHARACTER SIZES AND DETAILS
Characters must be fully visible and distinguishable in order to gain points.
Literature is much more simple compared to artwork, and refers to written word which can be combined with art pieces or stand alone by itself. Souls-Between encourages writers to particpate in the game through writing about their characters and are given many of the same bonuses as artwork in the bonus section! Literature is given the same importance and care in our game!
- Literature is given 1 point of experience for every 100 words
- Literature can gain most if not all bonuses in the bonuses section.
All character presented in the literature should be represented equally and not simply show up for a few lines of text or dialogue to count for points!
Bonuses to Experience
Don't forget to add your bonuses!! These bonuses come into play if you meet the criteria.
- Added Characters
- Stacks up to 2 times and only refers to Souls-Between characters with their own profiles on site.
- Added Handler/Caretaker/Humanoid
- Stacks one and refers to things such as "riders." All handlers must be humanoid, meaning bipedal, with implied sentiance.
- Group Activity
- This refers to daily activites, quests, arena, grand hunt, etc. Generally any open activity through the entire year.
- Annual/Misc events refer to events that happen throughout the year on schedule, or are impromptu.
- Story Events refer to events where new species, lore, and mechanics may be added. These are always hyped up!
- Rites refer to things such as Aether Restoration, Taming, Nesting, Soul Linking, Player and Character Professions, etc!
- Collaboration Bonus applies if you collab with another person!
- Personal Work bonus applies if you had a hand in directly making the piece - stacks with collaboration!
- Added Other ARPG
- This bonus does not stack
- A link to the other ARPG creature's import must be provided if asked for!
- Trophy Awards
- If you are claiming you rites you gain a +10 bonus to all trophies you earn in your rites! (This does not apply to level up rewards)
- Familiar EXP Bonuses
- Some Familiars give you bonus EE or CE! Most of them depend on what activity you are completing, but some, like the Celestial Feline, are all pieces if they are included in the art or literature!
- Simple vs Complex Backgrounds
- We consider background to have three parts: Foreground, Middleground, and Background.
- Simple backgrounds have only one or two of the parts.
- Complex backgrounds have all three (dragons can count as part of the foreground element!)
- In Literature, Simple backgrounds have three to four sentences describing the environment, while complex have one to two detail pragraphs instead.
- Simple Vs Complex shading
- Simple shading refers to when you have one layer of shading on a piece, while complex shading you have 2 or more layers (such as a dark and light layer vs only a dark layer.)
- Many detailed paintings qualify as complex shading.
- Literature cannot receive this bonus.
SkillsNo skill increase.
You can submit this prompt an unlimited number of times .